Hourigan Construction renovated this historic 4-story, 40,000 square-foot former TV studio, originally built in 1948, to serve Media General’s broadcast and interactive groups.
The lobby construction included a stone floor, cherry wood trim, stainless steel accents, a media wall, special coatings, and a high-tech reception desk. The existing skin, composed of steel framing wrapped in concrete, was replaced with the new skin of an aluminum composite panel wall system. The exterior also included new punched windows and curtain wall exterior, built-up roof, and curtain wall at the front entrance. Selective demolition procedures were undertaken to avoid air-borne contamination during the process.
Owner: Media General